Giovanni Photgrapher

Giovanni is not my real name. I am a highly respected photographer in Milan’s thriving fashion industry and my work is published and recognised all over the world.
I live in a huge loft in the centre of Milan, near the cathedral. While I don’t go out socially very often, my passion for photography does lead me out and about almost every night…
In 1995 I started my “Bites” project. For quite some time I’ve had a deep longing to create something lasting, something that will endure beyond the transience of fashion photography. In this field photographers actually have very little opportunity to be truly ‘creative’. Everything has to follow certain pre-set procedures; any mistake can mean a huge run-up of costs. The only thing that counts is the final product. In “Bites” the opposite is true – what counts is the mood or atmosphere of the session and the result is an expression of that feeling.
On evenings and free weekends I regularly ask these young male models and those I’ve scouted if I can take nude photographs of them. Surprisingly, more often than not, they enthusiastically accept.
Once in my studio or wherever we are shooting I describe the way I work and define rather specifically the artistic style that I am working toward. I always guarantee that their face will not appear in the final print. For all my models, famous or otherwise, anonymity became the key to our collaboration.
I set up lights, ask them to take off their clothes, tell them they can take a shower, relax, have a drink, a smoke, whatever… They get ready, sometimes do push-ups, sit-ups. Quite often they seem a bit anxious. I closely observe them, compliment them on their “assets”. I do their make up, style their hair, oil their bodies. Sometimes I trim a bit of their hair and sometimes I shave it all off.

30.7.12

BITES XXL by Giovanni








Bestselling Bites, Private Parts and Un*/Cut now in one sexy collection plus a whole load of exclusive never seen before artwork.

Giovanni, renowned photographer in Milan’s fashion industry, felt the deep need to produce something lasting along side of his extremely short-lived and fleeting fashion photography. Since his first publication of Bites in 2005 his artworks – hyms to the male sex organ – have sold many thousands times.


1 comment:

  1. So glad I found all you marvellous opusses. Giovanni I'm worried to know if you prepared something, I mean a calendar for 2016 ? I do not see anything nowhere and I'm sure I will miss you next year if you did not. Hugs and thank you for all your marvels. Jacques Stoffels, Belgium (y) :-) <3

    ReplyDelete